At IMDID, the Project Research Manager on the RMEDT is responsible in planning, implementing and finalizing the projects and activities in accordance of their members. They negotiate with the other members for their concerns and ideas, and also to the beneficiaries. Before implementing plans for the organization, the Project Research Manager must be consulted first through the Head of Research. In the hands of the RMEDT depends if the projects are approved or rejected.
- Oversee all project activities in all countries and be the main contact point for the donor and the field volunteers.
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes and financial reports on regular basis to the donor.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual activity-based project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports and sending of new funding requests.
- Lead and motivate the project team in charge of the project in any country and monitor project activities and project expenditure and coordinate work with consultants and volunteers in the project.
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring. Trouble shoots project problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
Would ensure every task undertaken is done without any mistakes. Mobilizes resources for the project to be executed effectively and oversees the Project Coordinator who is heading the project in any country.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be a confirmed member of the organization (IMDID)
- Must be a resident in Ghana
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects
- Posses excellent organizational skills
- Strong command over written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good understanding of the organization’s overall business and its objectives
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues
- Ability to work within a team and provide support to the junior staff
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet
Interested applicants should send an application letter together with a CV in English to the following address with the subject title “Project Manager Application”, no later than the deadline stated therein. The detailed Job Description is available upon request. Only short-listed volunteers will be contacted for interviews. The application will not be returned. Electronic application is acceptable.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter including a response to each of the selection criteria
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- The names and contact details of three referees, including Country Director
Send applications by email to
Angela Adzika (Ms)
Administrator, International Office
Email: [email protected]
|Job Category||PROJECT RESEARCH MANAGER|