It is an effort to empower young people between the ages of 18 – 35 through the creation of events to engage in the democratic and political processes of governance. Representatives of this program are given the opportunity to experience leadership and diplomacy and understand the thought and processes of decision making by the
Ambassadors and High Commissioners representing Ghana in various countries around the world. Therefore, we appoint delegates to play the role and understudy the incumbent Ambassadors and High Commissioners of the country where the program is initiated, adding a few more countries for further roles. Through this program, the youth is given a voice to highlight on their concerns through learning and practicing diplomacy.
Outcomes of debates are put together as a proposal or petition to Government or relevant Ministry for redress. Other modules studied by participants include;
- International Relations
- The Art of Negotiation
- Communication Skills
- Public Administration
- Diplomatic Ethics
- Executive Management Development
- United Nations System
- Steps to Becoming a Foreign Ambassador
- The Advantages & Disadvantages of Being a Diplomat
- The Major needs to be a Foreign Diplomat
Delegates are also placed in groups of seventeen to create projects in administering the
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs)
- This program will provide participants with the knowledge and transferable
Skills necessary to prepare them for entry in practical training in diplomacy or related profession.
- Participants will develop their understanding of the key modes and functions of diplomacy, in both contemporary and historical contexts.
- The program will further provide participants with an advanced understanding of diplomacy as a political activity of central importance to peaceful, stable and productive conduct of relations between states.
- Participants will be encouraged to consider international institutions and areas of the world with which professional diplomats might reasonably be expected to be familiar.
- The program will develop the ability of participants to think both analytically and critically and to produce reasoned arguments encompassing their increased knowledge and understanding of the key issues surrounding diplomatic missions.